What is Industrial Silicone Product Manufacturing?
Silicone Rubber has a great many variations and can be compounded to meet any number of applications. Minor Rubber manufactures a variety of products in silicone, including grommets. Silicone can be compounded to have tensile in the area of 1500 PSI and tear up to 200 lbs.; low compression set and good resilience; moderate solvent resistance; excellent heat resistance; good release characteristics; extreme low temperature properties; and can be highly resistant to oxidation and ozone attack.
Silicone is generally attacked by the most concentrated solvents, oils, concentrated acids, and dilute sodium hydroxide.
Products We Offer in Silicone Material:
- Insulation Grommets
- Vibration Mount Grommets
- Recess Style Bumpers
- Solid Strip/Cord
- Rubber Grommets
- Mounting Hole Grommets
- Bumpers, Tips, & Appliance Feet
- Extruded Profiles & Tubing
- Refrigerator Door Seals
- Sealing Strips
- Vibration Isolation Mounts
- Mil-Spec Grommets
What are the Silicone Characteristics for Product Manufacturing?
- Common Names: Silicone
- ASTM D2000 Classification: FC, FE, GE
- Military (MIL-STD 417): TA
- Chemical Definition: Polysiloxane
What are the General Characteristics of Silicone Product Manufacturing?
- Durometer Range: 30 – 90
- Tensile Range (P.S.I.): 200 – 1500
- Elongation (Max. %): 700
- Compression Set: Good
- Resilience – Rebound: Good
- Abrasion Resistance: Fair to Poor
- Tear Resistance: Poor
- Solvent Resistance: Poor
- Oil Resistance: Fair to Poor
- Low Temperature Usage: -60° to -150°
- High Temperature Usage: up to 450°
- Aging Weather – Sunlight: Excellent
- Adhesion to Metals: Good
For more information about silicone products, please contact Minor Rubber today!