What is Buna-N (Nitrile)?
Nitrile (Buna-N) is a general purpose oil resistant polymer which has good solvent, oil, water and hydraulic fluid resistance, good compression set, abrasion resistance and tensile strength. Nitrile should not be used in highly polar solvents such as acetone, and MEK, ozone, chlorinated hydrocarbons and nitro hydrocarbons
Nitrile Rubber Products
What are the types of Nitrile (Buna-N) rubber products?
Minor Rubber is a Nitrile Rubber Manufacturer of Buna-N components. We offer a wide range of Nitrile (BUNA-N) products, including:
- Insulation Grommets
- Vibration Mount Grommets
- Recess Style Bumpers
- Solid Strip/Cord
- Mounting Hole Grommets
- Bumpers, Tips, & Appliance Feet
- Pad Style Bumpers
- Extruded Rubber Profiles & Tubing
- Special Extruded Tubing and Seals
- Refrigerator Door Seals
- Sealing Strips
- Angle Extrusions
- Vibration Isolation Mounts
- Mil-Spec Grommets
What are the Characteristics of BUNA-N?
- Common Name: Buna-N, Nitrile, NBR
- ASTM D2000 Classification: BF, BG, BK
- Military (MIL-STD 417): SB
- Chemical Definition: Butadiene Acrylonitrile
What are the General Characteristics of BUNA-N?
- Durometer Range: 20 – 95
- Tensile Range (P.S.I.): 200 – 3000
- Elongation (Max. %): 600
- Compression Set: Good
- Resilience – Rebound: Good
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent
- Tear Resistance: Good
- Solvent Resistance: Good to Excellent
- Oil Resistance: Good to Excellent
- Low Temperature Usage: 30° to -40°
- High Temperature Usage: up to 250°
- Aging Weather – Sunlight: Poor
- Adhesion to Metals: Good to Excellent
For more information about Buna-N products, contact Minor Rubber today!