What is Natural Rubber Molding?
Minor Rubber manufactures natural rubber parts. Natural Rubber has many good characteristics. It has high resilience, good compression set, food roll building behavior, and molding properties; very good friction surface, but not a fine smooth surface when ground; high tear strength, low crack growth; usable for ketones and alcohol, and good low temperature properties. Products we manufacture using natural rubber include:
- Insulation Grommets
- Vibration Mount Grommets
- Grommet Style Bumpers
- Recess Style Bumpers
- Angle Extrusions
- Solid Strip/Cord
- Vibration Isolation Mounts
- Round Vibration Isolation Mounts
- Conical Vibration Isolation Mounts
- Rubber Bellows & Boots
- Double Cuff End Bellows
- Tapered Bellows
- Molded Rubber Boots
- Special Molded Boot
Natural Rubber is not recommended for oil and solvent resistance and ozone attacks it.
Questions about natural rubber molding services? Contact Minor Rubber today.
What are the Characteristics of Natural Rubber?
- Common Names: Natural Rubber
- ASTM D2000 Classification: AA
- Military (MIL-STD 417): RN
- Chemical Definition: Polyisoprene
What are the General Characteristics of Natural Rubber?
- Durometer Range: 20 – 100
- Tensile Range (P.S.I.): 500 – 3500M
- Elongation (Max. %): 700
- Compression Set: Excellent
- Resilience – Rebound: Excellent
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent
- Tear Resistance: Excellent
- Solvent Resistance: Poor
- Oil Resistance: Poor
- Low Temperature Usage: -20° to -60°
- High Temperature Usage: up to 175°
- Aging Weather – Sunlight: Poor
- Adhesion to Metals: Excellent
Looking to use natural rubber or pure gum for your application? Contact Minor Rubber today!