What is Neoprene?
Minor Rubber is a neoprene part manufacturer, among other materials. We manufacture a variety of products including bellows and boots using Neoprene. This material is an all-purpose polymer with many desirable characteristics. It has additional plus features: high resilience with low compression set; flame resistant; compounds free of sulphur are easily made; and animal and vegetable oil resistant generally not affected by moderate chemicals, fats, greases and many oils and solvents. Neoprene is generally attacked by strong oxidizing acids, esters, ketones, chlorinated aromatic and nitro hydrocarbons.
Neoprene Rubber Parts
What are the Types of Rubber Parts & Products Offered in Neoprene Material?
We offer the following rubber parts and products in Neoprene:
- Grommets: Vibration Mount Grommets, Mounting Hole Grommets, Insulation Grommets
- Bumpers, Tips, & Appliance Feet: Recess Style Bumpers, Grommet Style Bumpers, Pad Style Bumpers
- Extrusions & Tubing: U-Channels. Special Extrusions, Refrigerator Door Seals, Sealing Strips, D-Strips, P-Strips, H-Strips, Solid Strip/Cord, Angle Extrusions
- Vibration Isolation Mounts: Round Vibration Isolation Mounts, Conical Vibration Isolation Mounts
- Rubber Bellows & Boots: Double Cuff End Bellows, Tapered Bellows, Molded Rubber Boots, Special Molded Boot
What are the Common Characteristics of Neoprene?
- Common Names: Neoprene
- ASTM D2000 Classification: BC, BE
- Military (MIL-STD 417: SC
- Chemical Definition: Polychloroprene
What are the General Characteristics of Neoprene?
- Durometer Range: 20 – 95
- Tensile Range (P.S.I.): 500 – 3000
- Elongation (Max. %): 600
- Compression Set: Good
- Resilience – Rebound: Excellent
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent
- Tear Resistance: Good
- Solvent Resistance: Fair
- Oil Resistance: Fair
- Low Temperature Usage: 10° to -50°
- High Temperature Usage: up to 250°
- Aging Weather – Sunlight: Good
- Adhesion to Metals: Good to Excellent
For more information about Neoprene parts and products, please contact Minor Rubber today!